Keep your paths nice
During the Summer months, weeds can get out of control on paths and drives. Here's how to keep them at bay.
1. Cut grass back to a neat edge using a weeding knife or lawn-edging tool so grass and weeds don't spread across a path.
2. Tackle weeks quickly before they have chance to release seeds.
3. Get a sharp knife and push it as deeply as possible into the gaps in the path to hook out weeds, roots and soil.
4. Use a stiff broom to collect the moss, weeds and soil.
5. If you have a gravel drive, push a hoe back and forth to remove weeds.
6. Apply weedkiller. If you need to dilute it, use a separate watering can just for chemicals, not for watering.