How to pay your rent

There are a number of quick and secure ways to pay your rent: online, by direct debit or by phone

Setting up a direct debit or paying online are the quickest ways to pay:

Other ways to pay your rent:

  • By phone – with debit card

    You can call our Customer Care Team and pay over the phone if you have a debit or credit card.

    Call us on 0300 1234 009.

  • By phone - with allpay

    You can pay over the phone with allpay, using your credit or debit card and quoting the reference numbers from your allpay swipe card.

    Call allpay on 0844 557 832.

  • Allpay payment card – in shops and post offices

    We issue all tenants with an allpay payment card. This can be used anywhere you see the Post Office, PayPoint or e-pay logos.

    You can pay with cash or debit and credit cards. Always remember to keep your receipt.

  • Paying by standing order

    A standing order is a regular, fixed payment from your bank account.

    You'll need to arrange this with your bank. If you have online banking or a banking app you may be able to set it up through that. 

    You can decide the date and how often you want to pay by using the following bank details:

    Bank: Barclays Bank, Sir Frank Whittle Road, Derby, DE1 9NT.
    Sort Code: 20-25-85
    Account Number: 20656992

    You must quote your tenancy number.

    You can find this on your MyHomeOnline account:

    Click on the 'View Account/Make Payment' button:

    You will see your tenancy number at the bottom of the screen:

Further information and support

  • When should I pay my rent?

    If you live in a rented property

    Your rent and service charge (if applicable) is due each week in advance.
    You are charged every Monday for the forthcoming week.
    If you choose to pay your rent fortnightly or monthly, payment must be made in advance.

    If you're a shared owner

    Your rent and service charge (if applicable) is due on the first of each month.
    Payments are due in advance.

  • Support with rent

    We're here to help

    Whether you’re in employment or in receipt of benefit payments, money issues can affect anyone and if you're having difficulties paying your rent, we’re here to help.

    We understand it's a stressful situation, and the longer you leave it the worse the situation will get. We can help you with benefits and discuss how to manage your payments. We can also tell you about agencies who offer free and independent money advice to help you manage your debt.

    Where else can I find help?

    There are also lots of free services available online and in your community. You’ll find lots of links on our support pages to a range of support agencies, tools and information to help you manage your money and make sure you’re receiving all the benefits you’re entitled to.

    If you can’t find the information you’re looking for on our support pages or need further assistance, please talk to your Housing Officer who can help you get the support you need.

  • Paying your rent if you're on benefits

    For most people receiving Universal Credit, your payment will include money for your rent. It's your responsibility to make sure you pay that rent to us on time.

  • Opening a bank account

    If you need help and support opening or changing your bank account, take a look at the Money Advice Service website.

    Take a look at their video on how to open a bank account:

  • What is allpay?

    We work with payment provider allpay, to provide you with a simple, easy and secure way to pay your rent.

    You need an allpay payment card to make payments.

    You can pay with a debit or credit card at, over the phone on 0844 557 8321 or by downloading the allpay app (see links above).

  • What if I've lost my allpay swipe card?

    If you've lost your card, you can request a new one on MyHomeOnline or get in touch and we'll organise a replacement card.